The Codington County Extension Complex serves as the center for many different services and functions. We are home to the popular Watertown Winter Farm Show held in February of each year. This event brings thousands of people from all over the Midwest to Watertown. Other popular events using our facility as a host site include Watertown Home Builders Show, 4-H Achievement Days, Pro-Pheasants Banquet, Curt Carter Memorial Gun Show, Big Boy Toy Show, North Country Fiber Fair, Brookings Rabbit Show, Blue Door Derby Camel Races, Jordan Mack Memorial Calf Show, Lake City Racing Pigeon Show, Quilt Festival, and many others. The Complex is used to host events of all sizes including livestock shows and sales; club, company and organizational meetings; auctions; Christmas parties; wedding receptions; and even private parties and family gatherings. To view upcoming events scheduled at the Extension Complex, click here – Building Calendar (updated 1/31/2024)
The Codington County Extension Complex is also the location of the Watertown Regional Extension Center and Codington County Planning and Zoning Department.
The Codington County Extension Complex is the administrative office of the local 4-H organization. Jodi Loehrer serves Codington County as the 4-H Youth Program Advisor and maintains her office at the Complex.
The largest youth serving organization in the world is 4-H. Anyone between the ages of 8 and 18 can join. Any boy or girl wanting to have fun, make new friends and learn are invited to be a part of 4-H. Group activities and events such as camps, trips, workshops, junior leaders, performing arts, Achievement Days and conferences provide additional opportunities and learning experiences outside the club membership experience. Members choose the projects that fit their individual interests. Find us on Facebook!
- If youth are interested in joining Cloverbuds or 4-H they will need to complete the enrollment form. This can be returned to the Codington County Extension Office at 1910 West Kemp Ave. along with the required fee. Returning 4-H members may re-enroll online.
Cloverbuds: Information Flyer
- Cloverbuds is a program for youth ages 5-7 that meet once a month after school in Waverly, Florence or Watertown. The cost to join is $15.00, this covers the cost of snacks, activities and insurance. See the brochure for more information. Please complete and submit the 4-H Enrollment Form for all NEW Cloverbuds. Returning Cloverbuds may re-enroll online.
- 4-H youth ages 8-18 can join one of our 10 clubs that meet once a month or participate in a community service project in their community. There are many projects and activities they can be involved in, see the brochure for more information. The cost to join which covers insurance fees is $1.50 for a regular member and $2.50 for a horse member.
Opportunities are available for local youth to participate in Progressive Farm Safety Day, Kid Kare Babysitting Clinic, Youth Outreach, Cloverbud Camp, Bicycle Safety, and more.
* Codington County 4-H Special Awards Packet
* Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/floods/index.html
* South Dakota Department of Health flood response page http://doh.sd.gov/Flood/Health.aspx
* Lawn Care Information:
Due to liability exposure, SDSU Extension staff members and county staff members can no longer test dial pressure canner gauges. Please refer to iGrow article http://igrow.org/healthy-families/food-safety/testing-dial-pressure-canner-gauges/ for information on where to send your gauges to be tested.
Codington County Extension Complex (Entrance B)
1910 West Kemp Avenue
Watertown, SD 57201-3048
8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. – Monday through Friday
SDSU Regional Extension Center (Entrance A)
1910 W. Kemp Ave.
Watertown, SD 57201